*NB Article 6 of the Decree establishes the following new requirements
- The property must have an Occupation License.
- The rooms must have direct ventilation to the exterior or to inside patios and a system to darken the light i.e. Blinds
- The rooms must be adequately furnished and equipped with the appliances and utensils required for immediate use and according to the number of people that can be accommodated.
- The property must have fixed air conditioning systems if rented from May to September and heating if they are rented from October to April.
- The property needs to have a first aid kit.
- Landlords must provide tourist information about the general area including restaurants, grocery stores, closest parking facilities, medical services, transportation and leisure attractions as well as maps of the city and entertainment guides.
- The property must have an easile accesible Complaints Book.
- The property must be cleaned at the occupation and vacation of each new guest.
- The property must have adequate bedding including a spare set together with household cleaning equipment.
- All the equipment offered for use must have accompanying instruction information.
- Clearly display the owner or operator’s phone number for incidents.
Also Read: Registering Your Guests | Exemptions Under the Act | PreRegistration Checklist
If you are unsure whether your specific property needs to be registered or you have other questions about the process & your obligations, you can call our Professional Legal Team on +34 952 062 030 or you can ClickHere to send them an email
You can Also ClickHere
to visit our daily blog and stay fully informed about the Spanish Tourist & Property markets with the latest News, Trends & Advice compiled by Industry Experts.